Some of my friends asked me to prepare a healthier pizza and I found this interesting recipe that I’ve reproduced. I ran over recipes that are using cauliflower as a base for pizza crust in the past and I thought that this will be perfect to make for them. Most of the recipes I’ve seen are combining cauliflower with cheese for the crust and then have some more cheese for the topping but I thought that they are using to much cheese , so I’ve searched a little more and found this one that uses almonds alongside cauliflower for the crust. I’ve tried it and the crust turned out to be great and a little crunchy.
This Margherita pizza with cauliflower crust is a healthy delicious meal perfect for each time of the day. Easy recipe and really tasty, also it holds really good and you can eat it with your hands as a regular pizza. Everybody was pleasantly surprised of how wonderful it turned and how delicious it was.
Here is the recipe !
- 1 medium cauliflower (750 gr)
- 100 gr almonds
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp died oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- salt and black pepper
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 3-4 tomatoes cherry, sliced
- 130 gr Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- chopped parsley
- black pepper
- Prepare the cauliflower crust. Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and cut cauliflower into florets and place in the bowl of your food processor, and process until finely chopped, like rice. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove and let cool a little
- Place the cooked cauliflower into a tea towel and squeeze as much liquid as you can out of it and transfer to a clean bowl.
- Turn the oven up to 240C
- Add almonds, eggs, dried herbs, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and grease with oil. Place the cauliflower mixture into the center and using a spoon and hands spread it out.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove and set aside to cool a little
- Spread tomato sauce over the crust, add Mozzarella cheese slices, tomato slices on top, chopped fresh basil leaves or parsley and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake for another 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted. Let cool a bit before serving and add some more fresh basil/parsley leaves on top. Enjoy!!