Last week I was invited by my best friend for a get together with our friends at her house and guess what …..I had to bring something sweet 🙂 . Truth to be told, as much as I love baking, when it’s as hot as these days, turning the oven on is the last thing on my mind. But, I had to do something for the party, therefore I looked for a no-bake alternative. That’s how I ended up making this no-bake peach cheesecake. It turned out to look amazing and it was so good and refreshing, not to say that all of my friends loved it !
- 150 gr graham crackers
- 70 gr butter, melted
- 150 gr mascarpone cheese
- 200 gr condensed milk
- 200 gr sugar
- 600 gr cream cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 200 ml heavy cream, whipped
- 10 gr gelatin + 50 ml water
- 500 gr fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 80 gr sugar
- 2 fresh mint leaves
- 7 gr gelatin + 35 ml water
- Place the biscuits in a food processor and pulse until ground.
- Add the melted butter and mix well then transfer the mixture in a 20cm diameter cake ring lined with acetate sheets.
- Press the crust mixture well and place in the fridge.
- Bloom the gelatin in cold water
- Mix the mascarpone cheese, condensed milk, sugar, cream cheese, vanilla, lemon zest and a pinch of salt until smooth.
- Stir in the melted gelatin then fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour the cream cheese filling over the crust and place in the fridge for a few hours.
- Combine the peach slices, sugar, mint leaves and cinnamon in a saucepan and place aside for 30 minutes.
- Bloom the gelatin in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Place the peach mixture over medium flame and cook for 10-15 minutes until softened. Avoid mixing in while cooking as it will destroy the peach slices.
- Add the gelatin and allow to cool. Remove the mint leaves and cinnamon stick.
- Pour the cooled topping over the cheesecake and place back in the fridge for a few hours.