Sorry for not posting something for a week now but I had a crazy time at work and I couldn’t find time to post anything. If you know what “end of fiscal year means” then you get me. But, I had time to bake :). This time I tried an American Brownie recipe that I was thinking to make for some time now.
It’s fudgy, dense, chewy and delicious, it’s “the best brownie from the home of brownies” ! I was looking for the ultimate brownies and have tried many recipes. Neither really satisfied me. I wanted a brownie that is chewy, not crumbly. After trying many different recipes and techniques, I finally came up with one. You have to try it!
- 330 gr sugar
- 300 gr flour
- 300 gr dark chocolate
- 300 gr butter
- 6 eggs
- 150 gr chocolate drops
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ salt
- 100 gr dark chocolate
- 100 gr heavy cream
- First, preheat the oven at 175° and lined a cake pan with baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate with butter until smooth over a hot water bath. Let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chocolate the eggs one by one and after that the sugar and give it a quick mix. Then add the flour little by little and stir again
- Fold in the chocolate drops if you’re using any, the vanilla essence and the salt then pour the batter in your cake pan.
- Bake at 175° for 40-50 minutes then allow the cake to cool completely.
- Bring the heavy cream to the boiling point.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate.
- Mix well until melted and smooth.
- Pour the glaze over the cake and let it cool down before cutting it