Nutella Cupcakes topped with Hazelnuts
Nutella is awesome and I love it soo soo much and I always have to control my urge to eat the entire jar of it. So, when I had to prepare some sweets for my fiance office farewell party (this is his new hobby, changing jobs 🙂 ….this is the 3rd in 1 year…hope this will last ); I thought what better cupcake recipe should I prepare than a Nutella one :).
So here it is!
Ingredients for the cupcakes:
50 gr roasted, skinned & pulverized Hazelnuts
100 gr flour
25 gr cocoa powder
125 gr caster sugar
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
pinch of salt
140 gr unsalted butter, soft
2 large eggs
1.5 tbs milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for the buttercream:
100 gr unsalted butter, soft
150 gr Nutella
225 gr icing sugar
3-4 tbsp milk
More Nutella and hazelnuts for decoration! 🙂
- Grind the hazelnuts in a robot until they are very fine.
- Put them in the mixer ball together with the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, bicarbonate soda, salt, software butter and the 2 eggs.
- Beat this together for about 30 seconds on a medium speed.
- After this, add the milk and the vanilla extract and beat this for about 1 minute.
- Then scoop equal amounts in a 12 hall cupcake tin.
- Bake them at about 170 C for about 20-22 minutes, until they pass the toothpick test.
- Now let’s go to the Nutella buttercream. Put in a mixer ball the butter together with the Nutella and beat them for about 4-5 min on a high speed.
- Then add the icing sugar, that we will split into 2 parts and we will beat them very well between each stage.
- When the consistency is very thick we need to loosen up with a little bit of milk. You don’t have to use all of the milk that I’ve put in the ingredients – just enough make it a nice and silky consistency.
- Now it’s time to decorate the cupcakes but not before we make the buttercream, even more, Cutlery by painting the sides of my piping bag with Nutella.
- We can now start to decorate them and to finish them up we top them with some lovely roasted hazelnuts.