Valentine’s Day Healthy and Delicious Heart Cake (Low Carb)
As today is Valentine’s Day day I was thinking, if to make something for this year or not . Me and my husband don’t really celebrate the day as we like to surprise each other through the entire year and not on special , promoted days just for the soul purpose to gain more money.
So, in the end I’ve decided to make a very cute Valentine’s healthy heart cake as I don’t want to fall of the wagon with my healthy approach for this year . In the end I managed to make 2 little cakes, because I’ve found in the supermarket this 2 little cute heart forms. You can make it in any shape you desire, it doesn’t need to be a heart, it’s still a delicious and healthy cake. 🙂
I think you will fall in love with this delicious and easy to make recipe.
- 5 eggs
- 200 gr almond flour
- 100 gr xilitol, or erythritol or green sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 180 C. Coat a 22 cm spring form pan with butter. I had 2 smaller heart forms – around 15 cm each .
- Separate the 5 eggs whites in a bowl and the egg yolks in another bowl
- Beat the egg whites in a bowl together with the salt until the foam is forming
- After the foam is forming add the sweetener and beat until the mixture turned glassy
- Separately mix with a spoon the egg yolks with the coconut oil
- Incorporate the yolk mixture into the egg whites using a spatula. Mix from top to bottom, to not lose the air accumulated in the egg whites mixture.
- In a bowl me mix the almond flour with the baking powder . Gradually add the mix over the egg whites and mix it in from top to bottom.
- We take 1/3 from the mixture and put it aside in a separate bowl . Over it add the cocoa and easy mix it.
- We pour it in the forms/pan and on top put the cocoa mix and with a little spoon mix them together to give it a beautiful design
- We bake it for 40 min at 180 C