This is the first time when I try to make a Baked Chocolate Cheesecake and this is because one of my colleagues at work asked me if I can make one for her. She is pregnant and she had a craving for this. I usually make no-bake cheesecakes, but I must say that this baked chocolate cheesecake is just delicious, soft and creamy.
I brought it to the office and everybody loved it ….and they’ve had to ask me a couple of times if it’s made by me or bought :). This baked chocolate cheesecake it’s creamy, rich and smooth, a decadent dessert in its delicacy.
The coffee just adds a flavor that at first is hard to pinpoint, but as the cheesecake melts in your mouth, you recognize it and it floods your senses.
- 150 gr graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 60 gr butter, melted
- 700 gr cream cheese
- 150 gr sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 200 gr sugar
- 2 tablespoons rum essence
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 100 gr dark chocolate
- 100 gr heavy cream
- Place the biscuits in a food processor and pulse until ground.
- Add the cocoa and sugar and mix well then pour in the melted butter and give it a quick pulse to mix well.
- Transfer the mixture into a round cake pan (22 cm )
- For the filling, mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour the filling over the crust and bake the cheesecake at 170 C for 40-50 minutes. It will have to set, but not rise. When done, the center of the cheesecake looks set if you shake the pan slightly.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down.
- Bring the heavy cream to the boiling point.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate.
- Mix well until melted and smooth.
- Pour the glaze over the cheesecake and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.