Baked Pesto Turkey
Easy Recipe for Baked Pesto Turkey is delicious even with purchased pesto from the store but if you make your own pesto and keep it in the freezer, that will make this dish even better!
I stumbled on to this recipe for Baked Pesto Chicken when I was looking for something easy and quick to make for dinner after a long and busy day at the office.
- 4 boneless, skinless turkey breasts salt and fresh ground black pepper for seasoning turkey
- 1/2 cup basil pesto, I used purchased one this time
- 1/2 cup grated low-fat mozzarella cheese
- trimmed the boneless-skinless turkey breasts, I cut each one into 2 or 3 lengthwise strips
- Spray the casserole dish with non-stick spray, then spread 1/4 cup of basil pesto over the bottom of the dish.
- Then lay the turkey strips over the top of the pesto and season with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Spread another 1/4 cup of basil pesto over the top of the turkey strip.
- Cover the dish with foil. Then bake at 375F/190C for 25-30 minutes, just until the turkey is barely cooked through.
- When turkey is done, sprinkle 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese over the top and bake about 5 minutes more.
Serve hot, maybe with rice or couscous to soak up the juice.Enjoy!