This week started amazing for me with a great present from my boyfriend: a BOSCH mixer that I was dreaming about for a couple of months now – picture below. And because I’ve received this amazing gift I had to try it no?
I wanted to prepare something quick and easy and I picked this Banana chocolate chip muffins recipe because I thought that it’s basically the banana bread turned into amazing and cute muffins. Just add some chocolate for the added flavor.
I must say that prior to these banana and chocolate chip muffins (and my most reliable recipe ever – Blueberry Muffins), I thought muffins rarely deserve to be baked not because they weren’t delicious, but because there are other baked goodies out there that taste much better. And it paid out to be a combo made in heaven 🙂
- 170 gr sugar
- 60 gr butter – room temperature
- 1 egg
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 170 gr flour
- 1 teaspoon sodium bicarbonate
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 70 gr chocolate black
- Mix well the sugar with the butter until they become a cream
- Add the egg and mix until it’s well incorporated
- Then add the bananas, lemon peel and the vanilla essence and mix everything together
- In a separate bowl mix the flour with the sodium bicarbonate and the salt and then add everything onto the banana mixture and mix well;
- The last step is adding the chocolate, cut in small pieces and mix again, and voila! The composition is ready
- Pour the composition into the muffin tray and bake them at 180° for 25-30 minutes.