Banana coconut bread
Because it’s summer and so hot my fruits don’t last as much as usual and I found myself with lots of bananas that in 2 days where already overripe. So, I’ve decided to do a Banana bread with them but I’ve changed it a little and made a more interesting Banana coconut bread that is filled with more yummy ingredients.
The recipe is very easy to prepare like it was in the first banana bread recipe that I made, but the Banana Coconut bread has more flavor to it.
It results in a very tasty moist bread filled with bananas, walnuts and coconut flakes.
- 150 gr sugar
- 110 gr butter at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 very ripe bananas
- 250 gr white flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 gr coconut flakes
- 90 gr walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Grease the tray with butter and sprinkle with flour.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, coconut flakes, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until creamy. Add in the eggs and mix well. Add vanilla extract and mix until well incorporated.
- Mix in the mashed bananas. Using a rubber spatula fold in the flour mixture and walnuts.
- Pour the dough into the cake pan, be sure that the tray is a little higher so the dough will have enough room to grow
- Leave it in the oven at medium temperature about 1 hour, until well browned. Then remove it and leave it for about 10 minutes in the tray to cool down.
- After 10 min put it on a plate and leave to cool completely.