Blueberry Tart Recipe (Afonyatorta)
For Christmas, I’ve received this beautiful recipe book for Hungarian desserts from my friends and work colleagues from Hungary. I was so happy and overwhelmed by this lovely gift because it was so thoughtful, they knew that I have a dessert blog and love preparing sweets and I wasn’t expecting such an amazing gift. Next year I have to send them something amazing as well 🙂
So, after some time now, I’ve decided it’s time to try one of the recipes from the book. I’ve picked this Blueberry Tart Recipe, in Hungarian is called: Afonyatorta; because I love blueberries and love to try different recipes with them.
This recipe is amazingly easy to make, very tasty and not too sweet. Is the perfect recipe to make for a get together with your friends or family, or you can make it just for you!
FOR THE PASTRY:
- 300 gr flour
- 200 gr butter
- 100 gr icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-2 tsp sour cream
- grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- pinch of baking powder
- pinch of salt
FOR THE FILLING :
- 5 egg yolks
- 300 ml cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 150 gr granulated sugar
- 500 gr blueberries
- Mix the flour with the icing sugar and then rub in the cold butter. Add a pinch of salt, the vanilla sugar, baking powder, and grated lemon zest.
- Then knead in the egg yolk and enough sour cream to get a kneadable pastry.
- Leave to rest in the fridge for an hour before using. Roll out the pastry and line a 25 cm diameter flan dish with it, prick with a fork and bake in a 170 C oven for 15 minutes.
- Beat the eggs, cream, sugar and vanilla essence together until smooth. Pour the mixture into the pre-baked pastry case and sprinkle over the blueberries.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 160 C.