After watching some documentaries regarding meat and the concept that fasting is the key to longevity in the human being I’ve decided together with my boyfriend to try the 5 with 2 fasting diet; that means 5 days of eating normal and 2 days eating without meat.
So, for one of the fasting days, I found this amazing and and very tasty recipe of Carrot Feta Zucchini fritters . I love to pair these super tasty and moist fritters with a Greek yogurt to give them a bit more freshness! I strongly advice you to do the same. It will become your favorite summer food and they are amazing even cold.
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 3 eggs
- 5 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt or less if your feta is too salty
- 5 tablespoons feta, crumbled
- ½ cup olive oil to fry
- Salt the zucchini and carrot with about 1 teaspoon salt and wait for 5 minutes.
- Take a handful of them and remove the excess juice from them by squeezing them in your hands.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl.
- Add flour, grated zucchini and carrot, diced red bell pepper, salt and feta in this order and mix with a fork well.
- Finally add baking powder and stir.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Drop 1 tablespoon of the batter into the skillet. Drop as many mounds as your skillet can take.
- Flatten slightly and fry 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Transfer them onto a paper towel and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve warm or cold with yogurt
“Food is essential to life; therefore make it good 🙂 ”