Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe for Kids Day
All over the world we’ve celebrated the International Kids Day this week and I am celebrating it with some easy sugar cookie recipe.
So, I couldn’t not make something special for my nephews, I’ve prepared them this quick easy and just perfect sugar cookies with their favorite Disney characters : Lightning McQueen and Mater !
Sugar cookies are a buttery classic that make a delicious anytime treat. Enjoy your sugar cookies plain, with icing or with sugar paste as I did. I’ve made 2 different kind , one for each character. For Mater I’ve used the recipe from my Christmas Cookies and for Lightning McQueen you can fin the recipe below.
Ingredients for Lighting McQueen cookies :
- 200 gr butter
- 200 gr powder sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
- 400 gr flour
For Mater I’ve used my recipe from the Christmas Cookies – you can find it here.
For decorating :
- 450 gr red sugar paste
- 200 gr white sugar paste
- 450 gr brown sugar paste
- little quantities of blue,black and green sugar paste
- Mix the butter with the powder sugar then add the beaten egg and the vanilla essence.
- Add the flour and then mix then all until you get a little ball. Let it in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven at 180 C . Stretch the dough into a 5 mm thick sheet and cut out the shapes using the cutting devices.
- Place them on the prepared pan with baking paper and bake 8 to 12 minutes
- Let them cool on a metal grill and start decorating them with sugar paste.
- For the Sugar Paste : stretch the sugar paste into a 5 mm thick sheet and then use the cuter to make the shapes and also the details for the cookies.
- Moisten with a brush each model of sugar paste cut and paste it on the biscuit.
- Do the same for the details : windscreen, mouth , eyes, teeth