Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe for Kids Day
All over the world, we’ve celebrated the International Kids Day this week and I am celebrating it with some easy sugar cookie recipe.
So, I couldn’t make something special for my nephews, I’ve prepared them this quick easy and just perfect sugar cookies with their favorite Disney characters: Lightning McQueen and Mater!
Sugar cookies are a buttery classic that makes a delicious anytime treat. Enjoy your sugar cookies plain, with icing or with sugar paste as I did. I’ve made 2 different kinds, one for each character. For Mater, I’ve used the recipe from my Christmas Cookies and for Lightning McQueen, you can find the recipe below.
Ingredients for Lighting McQueen cookies :
- 200 gr butter
- 200 gr powder sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
- 400 gr flour
For Mater, I’ve used my recipe from the Christmas Cookies.
For decorating :
- 450 gr red sugar paste
- 200 gr white sugar paste
- 450 gr brown sugar paste
- little quantities of blue, black and green sugar paste
- Mix the butter with the powder sugar then add the beaten egg and the vanilla essence.
- Add the flour and then mix them all until you get a little ball. Let it in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven at 180 C. Stretch the dough into a 5 mm thick sheet and cut out the shapes using the cutting devices.
- Place them on the prepared pan with baking paper and bake 8 to 12 minutes
- Let them cool on a metal grill and start decorating them with sugar paste.
- For the Sugar Paste: stretch the sugar paste into a 5 mm thick sheet and then use the cutter to make the shapes and also the details for the cookies.
- Moisten with a brush each model of sugar paste cut and paste it on the biscuit.
- Do the same for the details: windscreen, mouth, eyes, teeth