Lemon Meringue Pie
One of my childhood favorite dessert is meringue. In any possible way and form I just can’t say no to it. And this lemon meringue pie has come to be on my top 10 favorite desserts.
I wanted to try this recipe since I’ve started my blog but, I always made other recipes before it. So, finally it’s time to make this delicious and refreshing pie.
In the end the recipe found his way to my family because they heard I am making a new sweet recipe and they wanted to try it 🙂
- 260 gr flour
- 1/2 teas spoon salt
- 110 gr butter – cold
- 30 ml cold water
- 200 gr sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 4 egg yolks
- squeezed juice from 3 lemons
- 100 gr butter
- 4 whites
- 8 table spoons sugar
- a few drops of lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- The crust: In a bowl put the cold butter cut into pieces, flour and salt. Mix everything well until they will become as flakes of butter.Gradually add cold water and blend until it forms a dough that knead a little and then collect until it forms a ball. We then wrap the dough and let the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- After this, with much flour roll a sheet and put it in the tart form. Prick the base with a fork in several places (not to swell when is baking)
- Put it in the oven at 180C for about half an hour, until golden – brown.
- The lemon cream :Pour one cup of water in a small saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium flame. Prepare a heatproof bowl that fits the saucepan but its bottom doesn’t touch the boiling water.
- Combine all the ingredients into the bowl and mix roughly.Place the bowl over the boiling water and cook for 20-25 minutes, mixing often.
- Cook until the mixture begins to thicken then remove from heat and strain through a fine sieve and we let it cool down
- The meringue: We mix the whites with a pinch of salt and a few drops of lemon juice, then gradually add the sugar . Once all the sugar has melted, try to see if the meringue formed properly. if the foam is hard, it means it’s ok.
- We start the oven to 175 C, until we stretch the cream and meringue on the tart it has enough time to reach the proper temperature.
- We put it in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the meringue has that beautiful and golden color