Margherita Pizza with Cauliflower Crust
For a couple of months I have started a healthier way of life, a keto way, that means that I don’t eat sugar, flour, soda&juice, potatoes, vegetable oils and more other. And I must say that one of the biggest challenges was my craving for Pizza, that I just couldn’t control. I started to look for a keto pizza recipe and I have found this perfect Margherita Pizza with Cauliflower Crust recipe.
The recipe doesn’t sound very tasty but it sure was. And a recipe full of mozzarella is always o top of my lists.
This Margherita pizza with cauliflower crust is a healthy delicious meal perfect for each time of the day. Easy recipe and really tasty, also it holds really good and you can eat it with your hands as a regular pizza. I was pleasantly surprised of how wonderful it turned and how delicious it was. I fully recommend this recipe if you want a more healthier alternative for you or the kids.
Here is the recipe !
- 1 medium cauliflower (750 gr)
- 100 gr almonds
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp died oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- salt and black pepper
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 3-4 tomatoes cherry, sliced
- 130 gr Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- chopped parsley
- black pepper
- Prepare the cauliflower crust. Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and cut cauliflower into pieces. Put them in the bowl of your food processor, and process until finely chopped. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove and let cool a little
- Place the cooked cauliflower into a tea towel and squeeze as much liquid as you can out of it and transfer to a clean bowl.
- Turn the oven up to 240C
- Add almonds, eggs, dried herbs, salt and pepper. Stir everything well together.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and grease with oil. Place the cauliflower mixture into the center and using a spoon and hands spread it out.
- Bake for 15 minutes up to golden brown. Remove and set aside to cool a little
- Spread tomato sauce over the crust, add Mozzarella cheese slices, tomato slices on top, chopped fresh basil leaves or parsley and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake for another 8-10 minutes, to the point where the cheese is melted.
- Let cool a bit before serving and add some more fresh basil/parsley leaves on top.