Autumn is here and I thought to celebrate it with some mini banana coconut bread loaves. I love these mini loaves forms so much that I don’t miss any chance to use them when I have the occasion.
And what better occasion than to celebrate the coming of the Autumn season. One of the tricks for this recipe is the bananas, they must be very ripped so the mini banana coconut bread loaves come out very moist and flavored. Other tricks that help the flavor are the coconut flakes and walnuts added to the recipe.
This mini banana coconut bread loaves are not just adorable, but also delicious. They are also perfect with a hot tea right next to them on a cold autumn morning.
- 125g flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 150g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 113g butter, room temperature
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas
- 70g sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 75g walnuts, chopped
- 70g unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven at 180C
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, coconut flakes, baking powder, and salt
- In another bowl with an electric mixer cream together the butter with the sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs on by one. Add the sour cream and vanilla essence and mix until well combined.
- Mix in the mashed bananas. Add the dry flour mixture slow until they incorporate well.
- Grease with butter the mini loaf forms and line the bottom with parchment paper
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf forms and sprinkle chopped walnuts on top.
- Bake them for about 50-60 minutes until golden brown. Don’t forget the toothpick test.
- Let them cool in the pan for 10 minutes, and then invert onto a wire rack.