Mini Blueberry loaves with Iced Lemon
Last year I was in a city break with my husband, then just fiance 🙂 in Rome. Oh, how I love Rome with the Colosseum and the ancient ruins, the culture and don’t forget the amazing Italian food. In one of our walks, I’ve found a cute little store with all sorts of cute and interesting kitchen stuff and I’ve bought many lovely things, among which this 2 little cute pans that I’ve used to make this cute mini blueberry loves with Iced Lemon
I’ve held them to much on a shelf until I’ve found this amazing Mini Blueberry Loaves with Iced Lemon recipe on Julie’s site right before Christmas. You should check her beautiful site, is full of interesting recipes. I’ve twitched it a little beat by adding also some blueberries, as they are my favorite and the combination between blueberries and the lemon icing on top of them is just perfect and yummy! 🙂
I’ve made this for my office, and my colleagues loved it and everybody asked me t make it again as soon as possible …they are still waiting :)…maybe for Easter I will make them a little surprise
Also, the coconut oil and Greek yogurt give them a dense and creamy texture that is just heavenly. And the blueberries mix perfectly with the sweet and sour from the lemon. This sticky and light blueberry and lemon loaves are so easy to make and sooo sooo good!
You can make the mini blueberry loaves with iced lemon also in a normal cake form/pan, you don’t need to have this little cute pans. But, if you want to buy them, you can find them here.
INGREDIENTS for the Mini Blueberry Loaves :
- 112 ml coconut oil (in liquid form)
- 280 gr sugar
- 3 eggs
- 75 ml Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 210 gr flour
- 150 gr blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
FOR THE ICING:
- 200 gr powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 165 C.
- In a bowl cream together coconut oil and sugar on medium speed. Add eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed in between.
- Add yogurt, lemon zest, and lemon juice and mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing on low speed until just incorporated.
- Divide the batter evenly between three greased mini loaf pans or in one normal pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, checking them to see if they are done by inserting a toothpick into the center of the loaf. You know the toothpick test, I’m sure! 🙂
- Remove the pound cake loaves from oven and let them cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then remove loaves from the baking pans, and allow to cool on a wire rack while you make the icing.
- Whisk the powder sugar with the fresh lemon juice together until smooth. You want it to be almost as thick as toothpaste. I’ve also added 2-3 drops of white America Color to be a brighter white, but this is not mandatory
- Spread it over the slightly warm loaves and allow it to drip over the sides. The icing will harden within 10 minutes.