Mini Blueberry loaves with Iced Lemon
Last year I was in a city break with my husband , then just fiance 🙂 in Rome. Oh, how I love Rome with the Colosseum and the ancient ruins, the culture and don’t forget the amazing Italian food . In one of our walks I’ve found a cute little store with all sorts of cute and interesting kitchen stuff and I’ve bought many lovely things, among witch this 2 little cute pans that I’ve used to make this cute mini blueberry loves with Iced Lemon
I’ve held them to much on a shelf until I’ve found this amazing Mini Blueberry Loaves with Iced Lemon recipe on Julie’s site wright before Christmas. You should check her beautiful site, is full of interesting recipes . I’ve twitched it a little beat by adding also some blueberries, as they are my favorite and the combination between blueberries and the lemon iced on top of them is just perfect and yummy ! 🙂
I’ve made this for my office , and my colleagues loved it and everybody asked me t make it again as soon as possible …they are still waiting :)…maybe for Easter I will make them a little surprise
Also , the coconut oil and Greek yogurt gives them a dense and creamy texture that is just heavenly. And the blueberries mix perfectly with the sweet and sour from the lemon . This sticky and light blueberry and lemon loaves are so easy to make and sooo sooo good !
You can make the mini blueberry loaves with iced lemon also in a normal cake form/pan, you don’t need to have this little cute pans. But, if you want to buy them, you can find them here.
INGREDIENTS for the Mini Blueberry Loaves :
- 112 ml coconut oil (in liquid form)
- 280 gr sugar
- 3 eggs
- 75 ml Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 210 gr flour
- 150 gr blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
FOR THE ICING:
- 200 gr powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 165 C.
- In a bowl cream together coconut oil and sugar on medium speed. Add eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed in between.
- Add yogurt, lemon zest, and lemon juice and mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing on low speed until just incorporated.
- Divide the batter evenly between three greased mini loaf pans or in one normal pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, checking them to see if they are done by inserting a toothpick into the center of the loaf. You know the toothpick test , I’m sure ! 🙂
- Remove the pound cake loaves from oven and let the cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then remove loaves from the baking pans, and allow to cool on a wire rack while you make the icing.
- Whisk the powder sugar with the fresh lemon juice together until smooth. You want it to be almost as thick as toothpaste. I’ve also added 2-3 drops of white America Color to be a more brighter white, but this is not mandatory
- Spread it over the slightly warm loaves and allow it to drip over the sides. The icing will harden within 10 minutes.