Nutella Strawberry Cupcakes
Well, that’s it folks. The winter coats are coming out and your morning coffee bill is rising steadily which can only lead to one conclusion, autumn has arrived. The weather is starting to change, it’s cold and raining outside. That means that the best thing to do is to bake something sweet and delicious.
Don’t get me wrong I love autumn, the changing colors of the leaves, pumpkin flavored everything, Halloween, lots of blankets, hot chocolate, and it was at autumn me and my boyfriend got together, and it just makes me really happy.
Today I was all day inside because of the rain and I made this delicious Nutella Strawberry Cupcakes !
If you want to try a cupcake recipe that is a little more refreshing you can take a look at my Blueberry Cupcakes recipe .
- 60 gr butter, softened
- 160 gr granulated sugar
- 60 gr Nutella
- 2 eggs + 2 egg yolks + 40 gr sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 80 gr sour cream
- 140 gr flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 125 ml water
- 60 gr strawberries
- 100 gr dark chocolate
- 100 gr heavy cream
- Mix the butter with the sugar in a bowl until creamy and smooth. Stir in the nutella.
- In a different bowl, combine the eggs, egg yolks and sugar and whip until fluffy and pale in color. Pour this mixture over the butter and mix well. Add the vanilla, then gradually stir in the vegetable oil and sour cream.
- Combine the flour with the baking powder and salt and fold it into the batter, gradually.
- Finally, pour in the water and mix well then turn your mixer on high speed and mix for 2 minutes until fluffy.
- Scoop the batter into your muffin cups lined with muffin papers and bake in the preheated oven at 180 C for 20-25 minutes or until well risen and fragrant. If it pass the toothpick test it is done.
- Once baked, remove them from the oven and let them cool down completely. They will sink slightly, but still keep their fluffiness and moisture.
- After they cool down you make a hole into each of them and place half of strawberry inside and top with the chocolate gaze .
- Put the rest of the gaze on top of the cupcake and then top with some strawberries
- Bring the heavy cream to the boiling point.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate.
- Mix well until melted and smooth.
- Pour the glaze over the cupcakes