In the last period everywhere I’ve looked there was a Galette dessert , peach, blubbery , apple, etc. They looked amazingly good and with a beautiful rustic look, so, I’ve just had to find a recipe and try one for myself.
So, after checking some recipes I’ve stopped to this Peach Galette one that I’ve found very easy to make as you don’t need a pan, just your hands :), and not to forget the heavenly taste in the end.
You can serve it with a little vanilla ice-cream on the side, but for me simple was just perfect !
Try this peach galette, and you will not regret it !
Makes about 4 servings
- 175 gr flour
- 110 gr cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 to 6 Tbsp ice water
FOR THE FILLING :
- 2 or 3 peaches
- 50 gr sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp corn starch
- sugar, for garnish
- Prepare the crust. Mix the flour with salt and sugar. Incorporate butter to the flour, using a fork until crumbs are formed. Slowly add the water and stir until the water is incorporated. Wrap it with plastic, knead slowly to form a disc and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200° C
- Slice the peaches and place them in a bowl. Mix sugar with cornstarch and add over the peach slices. Add butter and toss gently to coat.
- Using the wrap plastic at the base, roll the dough to about a 13 inch diameter. Lift up the rolled dough and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Arrange the peach slices in overlapping circles starting one and a half inch from the edge.
- Fold the edges of the dough over the filling and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for about 40- 45 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Cut and serve like it is or topped with vanilla ice-cream.