Soft and pillowy pancakes slathered with Nutella and layered on skewers with fresh strawberries and banana.
Whoever came up with the idea of eating food on a stick started a good thing. I mean, just by being on a stick practically anything becomes more fun to eat. Mini pancakes and fruit can be enjoyed for breakfast or any time of day. Best of all, those soft and pillowy pancake bites are smeared with Nutella. Yes, the entire universe is in love with Nutella and has been for decades. There’s just no denying it: Nutella is the food of the gods. And we’re using it today to transform a delicious fruit and pancake kabob into something truly divine.
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, washed, stems removed, sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 large firm bananas, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 2 wooden skewers
- 1 jar Nutella
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour small dabs of batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle to achieve the size of about 1 1/2 inch diameter pancakes (about 3/4 tablespoon of batter per mini pancake).
- Cook the mini pancakes for about a minute on each side or until lightly browned.
- Gather up everything. You’ll want the pancakes, bananas, strawberries, Nutella, and skewers.
- Slice the fruits, smear some Nutella on each of the pancake bites, and layer the ingredients onto the sticks.
- Serve and enjoy!