Valentine’s Day Healthy and Delicious Heart Cake (Low Carb)
As today is Valentine’s Day day I was thinking if to make something for this year or not. I and my husband don’t really celebrate the day as we like to surprise each other through the entire year and not on special, promoted days just for the sole purpose to gain more money.
So, in the end, I’ve decided to make a very cute Valentine’s Day healthy and delicious heart cake as I don’t want to fall off the wagon with my healthy approach for this year. In the end, I managed to make 2 little cakes, because I’ve found in the supermarket this 2 little cute heart forms. You can make it in any shape you desire, it doesn’t need to be a heart, it’s still a delicious and healthy cake. 🙂
I think you will fall in love with this delicious and easy to make recipe.
- 5 eggs
- 200 gr almond flour
- 100 gr xylitol, or erythritol or green sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 180 C. Coat a 22 cm springform pan with butter. I had 2 smaller heart forms – around 15 cm each.
- Separate the 5 eggs whites in a bowl and the egg yolks in another bowl
- Beat the egg whites in a bowl together with the salt until the foam is forming
- After the foam is forming add the sweetener and beat until the mixture turned glassy
- Separately mix with a spoon the egg yolks with the coconut oil
- Incorporate the yolk mixture into the egg whites using a spatula. Mix from top to bottom, to not lose the air accumulated in the egg whites mixture.
- In a bowl, mix the almond flour with the baking powder. Gradually add the mix over the egg whites and mix it in from top to bottom.
- We take 1/3 from the mixture and put it aside in a separate bowl. Over it add the cocoa and easy mix it.
- We pour it in the forms/pan and on top put the cocoa mix and with a little spoon mix them together to give it a beautiful design
- We bake it for 40 min at 180 C