Four ingredients and five minutes. Add a waffle cone to the equation and you should go ahead and alert your local ice cream shop that there’s a new dairy queen in town. Behold, 5-Minute Healthy Strawberry Frozen Yogurt.
While your stash of healthy salad recipes may be booming, chances are it’s slim pickings’ in the healthy desserts department. Now you can skip the ice cream maker, skip the added sugar and spend five minutes food processing your way to the easiest, creamiest homemade froyo to ever cross your lips.
- 4 cups frozen strawberries
- 3 Tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (non-fat or full fat)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Add the frozen strawberries, agave nectar (or honey), yogurt and lemon juice to the bowl of a food processor. Process until creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Serve the frozen yogurt immediately or transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to 1 month.