I love trying different cheesecake recipes like No-bake cheesecake, No-bake Peach cheesecake or the delicious Chocolate cheesecake; but, this time I’ve made a Baked Caramelized Banana Cheesecake. If you like cheesecakes and bananas as much as I do, you must try this amazing recipe. This delicious dessert is the perfect blend of fresh bananas, creamy cheesecake, and crunchy biscuit crumbs and doesn’t forget full of flavor and so easy to make.
This would be a perfect dessert for Easter. I know that Catholic Easter pasted already but the Orthodox Easter is on the 1st of May, so you will have time to make it:).
- Sliced banana, to decorate the cheesecake
- 155 gr sweet biscuit crumbs
- 70 gr butter, melted
- 200 gr caster sugar
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, extra
- 3 bananas, diced
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 500 gr cream Cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Combine biscuit crumbs and butter then press into the base of a greased 22 cm springform pan; chill.
- Combine bananas and 1 tbsp lemon juice in a small saucepan. Stir in 2 tablespoons of brown sugar. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 1 minute or just until sugar has dissolved.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer 3 minutes or until smooth. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears after each addition. Beat in vanilla and the rest of the lemon juice. Gently stir banana mixture into cream cheese mixture. Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Pour half the mixture into the prepared base. Add banana slices, top with remaining mixture and sprinkle top with extra brown sugar.
- BAKE at 150°C 45 minutes or until just wobbly in the center. Serve chilled or at room temperature, garnished with extra sliced banana.