Carrot Feta Zucchini Fritters
After watching some documentaries regarding meat and the concept that fasting is the key to longevity in the human being I’ve decided together with my boyfriend to try the 5 with 2 fasting diet; that means 5 days of eating normal and 2 days eating without meat.
So, for one of the fasting days, I found this amazing and and very tasty recipe of Carrot Feta Zucchini fritters . I love to pair these super tasty and moist fritters with a Greek yogurt to give them a bit more freshness! I strongly advice you to do the same.
It will become your favorite summer food and they are amazing even cold.
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 3 eggs
- 5 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt or less if your feta is too salty
- 5 tablespoons feta, crumbled
- ½ cup olive oil to fry
- Salt the zucchini and carrot with about 1 teaspoon salt and wait for 5 minutes.
- Take a handful of them and remove the excess juice from them by squeezing them in your hands.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl.
- Add flour, grated zucchini and carrot, diced red bell pepper, salt and feta in this order and mix with a fork well.
- Finally add baking powder and stir.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Drop 1 tablespoon of the batter into the skillet. Drop as many mounds as your skillet can take.
- Flatten slightly and fry 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Transfer them onto a paper towel and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve warm or cold with yogurt
“Food is essential to life; therefore make it good 🙂 ”