Easy Pizza recipe with fresh mozzarella and prosciutto
I never even thought of trying to make Pizza at home, it seemed very difficult in my perception. So when I’ve found this easy pizza recipe with fresh mozzarella and prosciutto I couldn’t believe that actually, it was all in my head :).
It’s such a simple and easy recipe. Everybody all over the world loves Pizza – why you should go and buy it when you can make your own delicious and healthy pizza at home. The entire kitchen will be filled with amazing flavors as the pizza will bake in the oven ….it’s just amazingly delicious! 🙂
It’s cheap, easy and doesn’t forget delicious! Let me show you how to make it!
- 500 gr flour plus extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 x 7 gr dried yeast
- Semolina dusting, for dusting or bread crumbs
- 4 heaped tablespoons Tomato paste
- olive oil
- 120 gr Parmesan cheese
- 200 gr buffalo mozzarella
- ½ a bunch of fresh basil
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven at 220 C
- Put the flour and salt into a large bowl
- Add the yeast to 325 ml warm water and stir to dissolve.
- Add the dissolved yeast onto the flour and mix everything well until you get a rough dough – if it will be to sticky add a little more flour
- Shape the dough into a ball, then cover with a towel and leave to rest for
- On a flour-dusted surface, knead the dough for 8 to 10 minutes, or until smooth and elastic. Split the dough into four equal-sized balls, knead each piece for a couple of minutes, then roll into balls and place on a clean semolina-dusted tray (if you don’t have semolina, it’s fine to use breadcrumbs too). Dust with a little more flour, cover with a damp tea towel and leave to rise in a warm place for around 2 hours, or until doubled in size.
- On a flour-dusted surface, use your hands to stretch a ball of dough into a circle, roughly 35 cm to 40 cm in diameter. Repeat with the remaining dough, then sprinkle a large baking tray with the semolina and place the pizza bases on top.
- Evenly spread the tomato sauce over each base – you don’t want to use too much as the pizza bases will get soggy. Drizzle with olive oil, grate over the Parmesan and tear the mozzarella and basil leaves on top. Place the pizza in the oven for 7 to 10 minutes, depending on how crispy you like them, then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and eat straight away.